New Auctions on GB

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
ROBOPUMP

New Auctions on GB

Post by ROBOPUMP »

There is a seller that just listed quantity 8 of Rem 8s and 81s in the $299-$349 range with no reserve. Seller is Wildwoods. He is selling a collection. If you always wanted one of these or you need to fill in a gap, this will probably be worth looking at. BETTER HURRY, ONLY A THREE DAY AUCTION.

rob
imfuncity

Re: New Auctions on GB

Post by imfuncity »

Agree with Rob, these look like the real deal. Don't know anything about the seller but his prices, no reserve, and his write up sounds like someone I'd talk to and likely deal with... if'n I had a need that is. (Got put that there, in case the wife is looking over my shoulder.)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
ctgodog

Post by ctgodog »

I have conversed with the seller, and I think there are more to come.....they are a former member of the Rem Model 8 society....

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
ROBOPUMP

Post by ROBOPUMP »

Who would have thought that this auction would have brought in $905.00 for a fairly common REBLUED rifle? Yes, it is a 2nd year manufacture with the cal engraved on the barrel jacket extention and has the first type magazine, but does not have the first type safety lever. I see some rifles out there that to me are more desirable in the $600.00 and under range that are getting no bids. Do people just go crazy over three day auctions?

As some of you may have noticed, I have become a seller on GB. I got to looking around and I have 68 boxes of ammo for these old springpoles and I want to sell about half of them. I may try some of these three day sales. It appears that if you don't bid now, it will be gone and I have to have it.

ROB
ROBOPUMP

Post by ROBOPUMP »

Sorry, forgot to show the link.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =332306567

ROB
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Agree it doesn't make much sense. Will be intersting to see if it resurfaces with a new buyer and all... but, maybe the buyer just wanted a bling oldie.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine