current gun projects

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Adam Lee

current gun projects

Post by Adam Lee »

I am looking forward to the weekend - strike that; I'm ALWAYS looking forward to the weekend! Why? I have some "me" time so I can get into my gun projects a bit. 6th grade really is fun and all, but the school system and administration is (bad offensive language)......

I have multiple irons in the fire. That's how I roll. Call it attention-deficit, call it scatter-brained, but that's how I roll!

going to work on the wood stock of my ca. 1790 fowler....

in the middle of stock work on my 1916 M91.....

as well as my 1929 Dragoon....

and, of course, the Model 8!
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
keltg

Re: current gun projects

Post by keltg »

You are as bad as i am. I have two of my own projects simmering on hold as i complete a customers.
Smile makes others wonder what you are up to
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

keltg wrote:You are as bad as i am. I have two of my own projects simmering on hold as i complete a customers.
Yep - I hear you. Now, my excuse is that gun r&r is a form of excellent stress reduction from my day job - so I don't really dislike my snail's pace when it comes to gun projects.

When I recently sold a Kar98k which I had owned for about 10 years, as well as a Finn M39, I did so after extracting the maximum enjoyment from each. Shooting, tweaking, disassembly, shooting, documenting, etc....lots of fun.

I decided to put some effort into the stock on my flintlock today, after I get some housework done. Gotta take my dawg to the vet today, also.

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Ended up only working a bit on the flintlock fowler; spent time removing the lacquer/varnish/stain from my new/old Model 8 buttstock and forearm.

Before pic:
After pic:

more work to go, but it is real nice to have such good quality timber to start with! the buttstock s/n indicates 1921 manufacture.

Adam