Lost our Snoopy dog.

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Pitchy

Lost our Snoopy dog.

Post by Pitchy »

Family issues forced us to leave and take a trip too TX where we stayed at a trailer park with neighbors from here.
We went to town to get a part for the car and left Snoopy in their trailer with their dog. When we returned Snoop had pushed the door open and vanished. We searched all day every day for five days along with many other people without a sign.
It rained all afternoon so his trail was washed away so probably couldn`t find his way back.
We have posters with a reward up all over the area and called the vets and pounds.
It was put on face book and i put an ad on Craig's list last night.
We are heart broken about losing him and leaving him in TX.
Our neighbors will be down there until April so there is still hope.
A lot of water under the bridge good and bad,
Bad when i did it my way, Good when i did it Gods way.

USAF-72-76
Pitchy

Re: Lost our Snoopy dog.

Post by Pitchy »

We feel sorry as hell about losing our dog, thought someone else might. :roll:

USAF-72-76
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

Pitchy, I care. I am sorry for your loss.
Hardrada55

Post by Hardrada55 »

Losing a beloved pet like that just tears your heart out. Hearing about your experience...I am just so sorry about your circumstance. Just know that tonight there are many people prayin' for you and your dog.
...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
Pitchy

Post by Pitchy »

Thank you, there a lot of things that don`t add up and it`s tearing my heart out thinking about it.
Ya feel so helpless. :(

USAF-72-76
81police

Post by 81police »

Yeah I'm real sorry to hear too Pitchy. We all know what it's like to lose a good dog.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey, my friend, i'm just hoping for a good conclusion to this bad occurance. I'll pray for him and you to come back together again. Losing my Brittany bird dog was almost like losing a child. Maybe he'll find his way back. The lord works in mysterious ways. I'm praying for you.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Pitchy

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks fellers, i`m blaming myself a little and it`s hard to deal with.
If we wouldn`t of went to TX it wouldn`t of happened.

USAF-72-76
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Pitchy,

I feel for ya. It is amazing, the bonds we make with our furry friends.

Just got back from the vet today, our 15-year-old Husky mix has been getting occasional acupuncture visits to help with her gradually weakening back.
Although there is no way to say anything to make your loss any "better" to deal with, my wife and I have been going through the other conversation lately - you know, those "quality of life" choices and so on.

I don't have anything I can say to this - other than I wish the best possible outcome for everyone involved.

V/R
Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Pitchy

Post by Pitchy »

Thank you Adam and will be praying for you and your dog.
There are tons of people looking for Snoopy on face book and other places. Lots of people at the trailer park where he was lost looking too so still high hopes we`ll get him back.
Snoopy was a abused puppy when we got him, he wouldn`t get near anyone but as time past we became close buddies. In my times of sorrows he would curl up beside me and not move until i got up.
I love that dog more than any dog i`ve ever had and promised him i`d never let anything bad happen to him and now look :(
I`m prayin hard for his return and i feel bad for him more than me, he finally had a good home and was loved and now he`s lost.

USAF-72-76
Pitchy

Post by Pitchy »

Well fellers we never found Snoopy and feel pretty dern bad about it. :(
We found another dog the other day and bought it, He`s a 4 1/2 year old Newfoundland that a breeder was retiring.
So far so good and we have bonded good and he loves his new home.
His name is Indy.

USAF-72-76
ROBOPUMP

Post by ROBOPUMP »

INDY! That is one great name. That is the one I use when I go to see the doctor. It stands for I'm Not Dead Yet!!!

Seriously, it is very hard to loose a best friend. We lost our german sheppard/golden retriver mix (scared to death of water and thunder) several years ago and we had to heal for three years before getting a new dog. Amazing how an 85 pound dog can almost get behind the toilet on a stormy day. We thought we would not ever get one as good as Cajun. We replaced her with Dolly, a pure bred but not registered boxer. Super great dog. Sniffs like a blood hound. Totally obedient and never aggressive, people or dogs. Loves everyone. Loves water and swims in the pond daily. Short hair dries in about 15 minutes. We love Dolly. Dolly is now 3.5 years old. We have bonded.

ROB
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Pitchy, I'm thinking you to need expand your lap - Indy might hang over a bit! :D Sorry for your lost but glad you are moving on.

Mine is lab-shepherd, etc., not yet 10 but something went haywire over the last year, she is almost totally blind and deaf now but in no pain and knows where everything is located in her yard. Everytime I plant another one outback, I say I'm not gonna do that again but....

Enjoy your new best friend.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Pitchy as you well know these pets are us and we are them bonded tightly, Dogs and Horses have too short of life spans or perhaps we hang around too long. All we can do however is provide a good home for all companions and return the loyalty and companionship they share with us.
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

Pitchy congrats on the dog, better start thinking about inventing a magnum sized poop picker upper. :lol:
Pitchy

Post by Pitchy »

:lol: Already have one, made it for a St Bernard we used to have.
Thanks everyone, we`ve had a lot of dogs and have had to have some put down for health reasons .
What is hard about Snoopy is not know where he is, if he`s suffering, dead or in someones home.
I got closer to that dog than any other dog i`ve ever had, he was abused when we got him at about nine months old.
He bonded with us and nobody else could get close to him.
He went everywhere with us all over this country and did everything with us.
If i was sick or sad he knew it and would lay by my side all day long.
I have abandonment issues myself and i wanted him to have everything he wanted and promised him i would never let anything happen to him.
More family issues forced us to go to TX again and a bunch of bad decisions on others parts led to him getting out while we went to town to get a part for the car and he vanished .
We walked for twelve hours straight the first day and every day for a week but no sign of him.
It was the worse thing that could of happened to us at the time and leaving TX without him was the hardest thing i`ve ever done.
I never will get over it and my faith has even faultered wondering why God allowed this to happen.
Our lives have been miserable for 20 years and that dog was all that brought joy into our lives.
I`m sick, i`m sad, i`m broken hearted, i`m mad and i`m lost of what to do next .
We hope thhis dog can bring some healing and joy into our lives as we need it badly.
Please keep us in your prayers.

USAF-72-76