First blizzard in years

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Roger

First blizzard in years

Post by Roger »

Well we got nailed by our first blizzard in many years, last night. I still can't post pics but we got 12 -15" here in central iowa.Hey I wish i was with you members down south now! What a mess digging out from this storm.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Sarge756

Re: First blizzard in years

Post by Sarge756 »

Roger,
I can`t relate to that term "Blizzard" . The front that caused all that reached us here about an hour ago with wind and heavy rain but none of that white stuff. Silver lining is that with lousy weather all night and cool/ cold for first time in weeks ,maybe the deer will be on the move at daylight when it clears out. I will be in the woods to find out with a model 8 in 30 Remington to give them a welcome.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey Joe, I was just wondering if you were able to welcome any deer the other morning? Our hi-power season starts in about 3 weeks here in iowa. With the huge snowstorm this week,it's hard to know what to expect. One thing's for sure,walking thru this snow and big drifts will be a big chore.But it seems like that's what we get in Jan. every year.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Nothing so far Roger. I hunted a swamp this morning.Shots limited to about 50 yards in the thick stuff so the iron sights on the 8 are enough. Was our first freeze of the season with about 26 deg but a bit breezy. Calling for still wind and about the same in the morning, so will try again. Don`t worry, "pictures" will be posted if I connect.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."