Hello! I'm new here

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
jack1653

Re: Hello! I'm new here

Post by jack1653 »

Howdy,

Welcome aboard. There is a lot of good information here and some pretty sharp guys who know all about these Remington's. Jump right in and share what you have. If you have pictures, we always like seeing the shooters. Hope we can help you out.

jack1653
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Has anyone ever seen a Military Model 8s Remington Full-Stocked Match Rifle or a U.S. Trials Rifle as shown in John Henwood's book "The Great Remington 8 and 81 Rifles? For my collection, knowing I would never have them, I made a fullstock forearm and handguard, fitted barrel bands, sling swivels and Krag sight for the full stock and a forearm with barrel band and sling swivels for the trials look alike. I did not put a Lyman 48 sight on because I did not want to drill holes in receiver, I saved the original parts to go with the guns when they go to someone else, my intention is not to deceive anyone these are only to fill holes in my display. I have looked for a 25 cal that has been abused that I could mount a Lyman 48 on but not found as yet. Originals, of course are very rare and am hoping someone might have pictures of them.
Sighthound
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

I would like to see some pictures of that bad puppy! I am always interested in seeing the hybrids and this sounds likd a good one.

jack1653
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Will be glad to mail you a print by snail mail, I did not get involved with computers until I was 80 and have not figured out how to do much except email and surf, if you would care to give me an address or PO box, will mail a print, I live in Idaho, Sighthound
imfuncity

Re: Posting pictures

Post by imfuncity »

That's what grandkids are for - help w/ the confusers! (I don't have grandkids so I had to do it the hard way, HPC & trial and error.)

Welcome. Yes, we'd all like to see your creation. If you would send me a copy of your prints, I can post them on the forum for you to share.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Yes, I can do that by snail mail. Those 2 variations were so limited and most of us will never be able to see the real McCoy, maybe others would like to add a look alike to their collections. I am not a gunsmith, just a hobby and am sure others could do a more professional job, however, all should not be an attempt to deceive anyone. Send a mailing address and I will try to get some suitable pictures for you. Sighthound