US Trials Rifle

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
ctgodog

US Trials Rifle

Post by ctgodog »

I thought this might be of interest to a few of you.....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =296378286

It appears to be in pretty decent original condition.

Clint

PS: What is thing really worth????
Last edited by ctgodog on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
imfuncity

Re: US Trials Rifle

Post by imfuncity »

Thanks Clint... What do you guys think, an original?
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Silvermino

Post by Silvermino »

I was interested in this rifle 10 years ago when Glen bought it. It was part of a collection that a deceased mans friend was selling for the man's mother. If I recall, it was listed at either $3000 or $3500. The man had a large collection of 8's and 81's. I used to have the list of his colletion, but lost it when my computer ate it.

I am sure it is the real deal.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Very cool - those are closer to the numbers I was expecting for the real deal. Will be interesting to watch.... (My pocketbook says that's as close as I'm gonna get. :( )
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
ctgodog

Post by ctgodog »

Bid is up to $5000....which I was thinking was his reserve, but, the reserve has not been met! What do you guys think his reserve is??? He needs the $$$$ for taxes....$7000-8000????

This is very interesting......

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

I'm thinking the 12k that he mentioned... 7K now, 9 days to go - certainly worth watching. 8-)
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

During the previous Trials auction that went for $12500 there was an apparent bidding war at the end, wonder if that will occur again, come hell or high water. As Imfuncity commented, will be fun to watch. Jerry
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Same guy bidding this time that won the last auction. Does anyone know who "moohoo" is? Could he be a member? Send me a PM if you know "moohoo". I would like to talk with him about these rifles. My guess he has some good insights.

Regards,

jack1653