Took the little 62 out for a cruise yesterday

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
sting75ray

Took the little 62 out for a cruise yesterday

Post by sting75ray »

A good friend of mine did the plate on the front with a picture of Dad's casket and the vette.

imfuncity

Re: Took the little 62 out for a cruise yesterday

Post by imfuncity »

Very cool! Brings back a few memories fur-sur. 8-)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Post by 81police »

the coolest Vette body ever!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
ctgodog

Post by ctgodog »

My very favorite Vette model for sure. I always wanted a '62 Vette. It is the sweetest, sleekest design. The '67 roadster is my next favorite. I almost bought a '62 when I was 19 years old in Dallas, Texas, in 1964. I had to walk past it on the lot on my way to work for several months. I finally saved up the money for it, and went down to the lot to try it out, and buy it. The salesman and I went for a test drive, and I was cruising down Lemon Ave at 35 mpg, and a lady pulled out in front of me, and we had a side to side collision, on the passenger side of the Vette. The whole right side of the car was destroyed. The salesman confirmed that it was not my fault, and I told him I didn't think I wanted to buy it after that. He said he didn't blame me, he wouldn't either. He told me later that they totaled the car. Couple months later, I bought a 1963 Impala SS, 2dr hardtop from him.

Nice looking car!!!

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

No question 62 was one of their best looking - and I was a Ford guy then!

ctgodog - use it, abuse it, and leave it what a guy! ;) Then have to suffer along with a SS. Girlfriend's sister had a 66 SS - after she let me drive it I wanted to marry her!! 8-)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine