Colorado Gun Show

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Rem8&81

Colorado Gun Show

Post by Rem8&81 »

I'm headed to the Colorado gun show this weekend with my father Bob, brother Brian and son Jarrett. We are helping to setup and man the RSA display table, do little shopping & hopefully some selling. Since we're all flying we won't be taking much, but its just fun to go and spend time with friends. If some of you will be there, come by our table or the RSA table to say hello.
[color=#004000]COREY CREAMER[/color]
imfuncity

Re: Colorado Gun Show

Post by imfuncity »

Indeed, great fun. 8-) You guys do any here behind enemy lines might have to look you up.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Rem8&81

Post by Rem8&81 »

The Colorado Gun Collectors' Show was great. It’s a long ways to go to from Oregon, but we find it worth it each year. Three large rooms of tables, mostly antique guns, lots of good stuff and almost nothing that shouldn't be at a gun show (aka: duffle bags, beanie babies, crystal, Christmas ornaments, women’s purses, scented candles……..) They had some pretty spectacular displays, I believe 63 in total. Both the NRA and CGCA awarded plaques and prize money for various honors including $4000 each for best in show. Obvious, some of the best displays were on hand. We brought three model 8’s for our table, sold two and I saw four or five other 8 or 81’s. Several 8 & 81 fans stopped by as well as RSA members. It was good to see and talk shop with all who stopped by.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Sounds great. Is this the one? http://cgca.com/index.html Is it open to the public or just for members?

Always looking for a fun show, let alone an exceptional one. (Plus it is might closer than Wanenmachers.) Thanks for the report.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Rem8&81

Post by Rem8&81 »

Yes, that is the link to their show. It has about 1500 tables, probably more as they added some last minute. It is open to the public on Saturday and Sunday. Setup for table holders starts Thursday afternoon around 3pm and Friday is for further setup and dealer day. I believe VIP passes were sold for $70 which allowed general public in on Friday, as well as Saturday and Sunday.