Youth trap shoot

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
sting75ray

Youth trap shoot

Post by sting75ray »

We held our first youth trap shoot today and had a great turnout. 23 kids came out and shot trap with us and we also held a 22 shoot for them as well. We are giving out close to 1600.00 in guns and prizes this year for the kids.

For more pics feel free to check us out on Facebook at the Terry Burden Memorial Gun Club
81police

Re: Youth trap shoot

Post by 81police »

awesome pictures, that sure looks like it was a BLAST! Thanks for sharing them.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Hardrada55

Post by Hardrada55 »

I am very impressed. Those are a bunch of lucky kids. They have a group of caring adults that interested in their education and well being enough to go out of their way to provide what is obviously a wonderful day of shooting and fellowship and fun. I'm glad I saw those pictures. I hope it inspires me to do something similar for the kids in my locale. Kudos!
...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Indeed, awesome job. But... what's with the kids on the truck covering up the gun?! ;) :lol:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
sting75ray

Post by sting75ray »

Hardrada55 wrote:I am very impressed. Those are a bunch of lucky kids. They have a group of caring adults that interested in their education and well being enough to go out of their way to provide what is obviously a wonderful day of shooting and fellowship and fun. I'm glad I saw those pictures. I hope it inspires me to do something similar for the kids in my locale. Kudos!

My wife and I have a blast doing this for the kids. We started it all last year after Dad passed away in honor of him and it really took off this year. Last year we had 8 or 9 kids that were at every shoot and they all came back this year with some friends. The guy that owns the local gun shop here in my hometown gave me a check today and wanted us to get some medals to give out to the kids at each montly shoot. We have quite a few sponsors this year to cover the shells, targets, and our prizes.
sting75ray

Post by sting75ray »

imfuncity wrote:Indeed, awesome job. But... what's with the kids on the truck covering up the gun?! ;) :lol:

That was the only problem we had all day. As soon as they all climbed up there they wanted to lean on the end of the barrel and climb over it. It only took a couple of harsh words to straighten them out. Sad thing though it was the older kids that were doing it. Before the next shoot I am going to have it all painted and had better not catch any of them on the truck.