Nice Model 8

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
ctgodog

Nice Model 8

Post by ctgodog »

This one went for a nice price.....I liked it at the very beginning of the auction, but didn't think it would go that high!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =271518154

Enjoy....

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
ctgodog

Re: Nice Model 8

Post by ctgodog »

Did anyone on the forum happen to snag that one?
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Clint,

I got the Model 8. :D It was one of the nine that I was looking for and since I had been looking for quite awhile, I bought it. The 'jackitis" is on me pretty bad to get these missing rifles. :lol: I now need eight and have updated my post on the forum "Wanted to Buy". I talked with the seller 3-4 times and got good feedback on the rifle. It came out of an estate and hadn't been seen for decades. :o He broke it down for me to check on some of the things that I wanted to know. He said he had seen many in the years that he has been selling firearms and it was by far the best he had seen. He graded it at 98-99% but I wll have to get it in my hands before I believe it. Whether it is or isn't doesn't matter since I wanted it to get closer to having the correct year and barrel codes match.

Regards,

jack1653
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

That Jackitis is scary, hope it's not catching. :shock: ;)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine