GREAT MODEL 8 & 81 GUN SHOW

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
f.a.b.

GREAT MODEL 8 & 81 GUN SHOW

Post by f.a.b. »

NOW HEARS A THOUGHT --- IF WE ALL CAN'T GET TOGETHER AT A SHOW WHAT ABOUT HAVING A SHOW ON THE FORUM ONE OR TWO TIMES A YEAR -- TAKE A PHOTO OF YOUR SELF SETTING BEHIND A TABLE FULL OF WHAT YOU HAVE FOR SALE ( NOT JUST REMINGTON ) AND MAKE A LIST WITH PRICES -- DO THIS ON A SPECIFIC DATE AND TIME AND HAVE REAL TIME CONTACT INFO -- GRAB A BEER AND SNACKS -- MAKE A DAY OF IT !!!! JUST A THOUGHT -- RICK
Sarge756

Re: GREAT MODEL 8 & 81 GUN SHOW

Post by Sarge756 »

I like that idea.Would be great to put a face with the folks we talk with on the 8. The ones among us that are computer challeged with posting photos can always call on Mitch for help.We all know how much he likes pictures. Most of us buy and sell on the internet to strangers.This would be an opportunity to deal with someone with a higher level of trust.Added bonus would be a chance to show off some of our stuff. If you are like me, when I show it to the family the response is, "They all look alike ".
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Great idea of member photos and forum gun show, Mitch is computer genius and got me out of the dark ages during his visit, showed me how to create files, send attachments and do GunBroker listings among other skills. Discovered GunBroker has a photo upload program you can download that makes adding photos a piece of cake. If forum had that feature, sure would make it easy for dummys like me. Jerry
texassako

Post by texassako »

sighthound wrote:Great idea of member photos and forum gun show, Mitch is computer genius and got me out of the dark ages during his visit, showed me how to create files, send attachments and do GunBroker listings among other skills. Discovered GunBroker has a photo upload program you can download that makes adding photos a piece of cake. If forum had that feature, sure would make it easy for dummys like me. Jerry
There is a quick and easy way to put 3 pics per post on here. It is underneath the box where you type when you make a post where it says filename, you click the browse button over near the center of the screen. If someone wants a tutorial made up with screen shots and put as a sticky somewhere, I could do it. Of course, you do need to know where your pictures are on your computer since everyones is different.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Like - think I'm liking this idea. Was thinking of selling some of mine cme spring anyway.

TX you are correct it is fairly simple to post pictures - a matter of several clicks - after finding them on one's confuser and down sizing them. No issues with posting them for folks if someone needs help.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

OK, fairly simple, a few clicks, Thanks txsaco & imfuncity, here goes. Jerry