PHOTOS OF ALL GREAT MODEL 8 MEMBERS

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
f.a.b.

PHOTOS OF ALL GREAT MODEL 8 MEMBERS

Post by f.a.b. »

After reading the TIME WITH IMFUNCITY post and all the replies and seeing the photos of MITCH & JERRY -- I thought it would be great if all the members in the Remington forum would send photos of themselves and we will all know what OLD FART we are talking to from time to time -- Anyway I will start this deal and see what happens -- Rick
Attachments
rick 1.jpg
rick 1.jpg (112.28 KiB) Viewed 18841 times
rem81auto

Re: PHOTOS OF ALL GREAT MODEL 8 MEMBERS

Post by rem81auto »

Looking at your picture would be a little less harsh if you would have gone to the safe and held that nice Model 8 you have :lol: ... your friend, Dennis
45guy

Post by 45guy »

At my buddie's wedding in the armpit of America... Detroit...
"The sound of shot sweeping through the air toward you is impressive though. I'll give you that. It's like being swatted with the broom of God."
Silvermino

Post by Silvermino »

In order to keep Mitch's BP under control, I have added pictures of some of my 8's and 81's.

Good Idea. I do not post often but check in often. I have talked with and or dealt with a few folks on here.

This is on my 66th birthday, June 2010, with one of my wifes creations. Ummm good!!

Last edited by Silvermino on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

45guy wrote:At my buddie's wedding in the armpit of America... Detroit...
Watch it Bub, I live just outside of the armpit. :P
45guy

Post by 45guy »

Just outside is great. I loved Rochester Hills. Detroit proper, not so much. 'Twas quite an adventure when I got stuck in traffic on 75 and had to pee. I was told by a gas station attendant on eight mile road that I was *expletive deleted* stupid for stopping, and I wouldn't find a bathroom anywhere in that neighborhood. Good times.
"The sound of shot sweeping through the air toward you is impressive though. I'll give you that. It's like being swatted with the broom of God."
Hardrada55

Post by Hardrada55 »

Here's me with a thermometer that Packmule raffled off.

and my favorite 1919 vintage rifle...

...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
d-2

Post by d-2 »

Here I am holding my 81 in .300 Savage...d2
Attachments
028.JPG
028.JPG (111.81 KiB) Viewed 18748 times
81police

Post by 81police »

sssshhhh y'all don't tell anybody, but I've been known to hunt with a NON Remington firearm!! :o I know very taboo!

and nothing says fun like an Irish dairy farm...

Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

What's with you guys and no guns? Sure be a lot easier on the eyes if you had shooters - even if they are blasphemous like Cam's!

And for the Jack of Jackitis fame, with the Mack Dog:
Jack w Mack (800x774).jpg
Jack w Mack (800x774).jpg (339.83 KiB) Viewed 18681 times
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Thanks Mitch for posting the picture of Mack and me. :D That Boykin Spaniel is a real buddy and he listens to all of my "jackitis" problems without recrimination. :shock: I swear that dog knows when the dreaded affliction is about to get me and waits with the same anticipation for the next relief rifle to arrive. :lol:

I am going to try the posting suggestion posted by texassako and see what happens. If I can get it to work, it will save Mitch some time and I do have a couple of pictures of these old rifles that I would like to share.

Regards,

jack1653
Bend Shooter

Post by Bend Shooter »

81police: do you work at the Irish dairy farm, or were ya just visiting ;)
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

Cam, was prolly just moovin through. :lol:
ctgodog

Post by ctgodog »

Maybe he owns and runs it.....

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

"Cam, was prolly just moovin through." :lol: :lol:
Craic for sure!
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Ok guys, this was a great idea a few months ago.We need to keep it going. Took awhile to get a picture with a gun as Mitch, would have given me a hard time had I not. Was intending to get some target shooting in with 22`s today but the wind came up very brisk. Did get my newest, a Stevens 44 1/2 in 22 K Hornet zeroed fairly close. Will try again when the winds calm.
Joe
Attachments
IMG_3375.JPG
IMG_3375.JPG (61.57 KiB) Viewed 18041 times
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Western

Post by Western »

Me

And to head off the jokes - yes I look around 20 years old - I was being carded until I was 38 and when I was in uniform people thought I was going to a costume party.

By the way, I am the one in the USDOJ jacket (my alma mater) not the young student working with me.
Wildgoose

Post by Wildgoose »

Not an M8 but at least there is a rifle in the picture. :D
Figured that I had better add one that is a little easier to see.
Last edited by Wildgoose on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Whoa!! And, I thought a double cappuccino was a jolt to wake up too!! :shock:

Indeed I would Joe - is wind your best excuse? :P

And Western is complaining too!! He only gets off the “no gun” hook this one time because of the pretty distraction… I’m assuming that she will be available to run the camera if there is an M8/81 shoot? 8-)

Wildgoose, something for the freezer too - but a gun forum sin, can’t see the gun clearly, what kind of rifle? ;)
Wildgoose

Post by Wildgoose »

imfuncity,
Its my 1895 Winchester in 405. My other fovorite tang sighted deer rifle. Tried to get a deer this year with the 300 Savage Model 81 but none of them volunteered for the job. The last weekend I went out on a spur of the minute oh what the heck quick hunt and took my old Model 722 300 Savage. Shot two bucks about five minutes apart. You just never know.
Western

Post by Western »

As a photographer I never seem to have pictures taken of me. I found a very few other pictures of me and it seems like I never have a rifle in my hand, only a camera.

Packmule

Post by Packmule »

RSA Member
German Gun Collectors Association

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
sting75ray

Post by sting75ray »

Here is a pic of me from a few years back.
popgun

Post by popgun »

Here I am after the Western Games last year.
Attachments
IMG_0116.jpg
IMG_0116.jpg (60.23 KiB) Viewed 17922 times
gcp

Post by gcp »

My wife and I while vacationing at our favorite spot in Greece. No shooting when we visit, each year, but with an air rifle and /or a speergun. The 2nd amendment does not exist in the Greek constitution.

gcp
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Very sad there is no Second Amendment language in the Greek and other countries Constitutions. In Americas colonial times our founders were well aware of the need of an armed citizenry to preserve freedom in our new Republic.
During WWII, United States Army air Corps flew many dangerous missions to drop and supply patriots of many countries resisting Nazi opression. This resistance was an important factor in the victory of free peoples over Nazi germany.
In the case of these countries that received such supplies and arms, I have to wonder what happended to those arms after the war was over.
gcp

Post by gcp »

My family's males most all successfully fought the Italians and the Germans in the Greek mountains, and when alive they still managed a smile when reminiscing of their war escapades to us youngsters. The Government after the liberation left thousands upon thousands of Garands outside to rot, a real and complete shame! But I suspect that every home, especially in Crete, has at least a few arms they can bring to bear; if/when the need arises. Knowing the temperament, frankly I am surprised they’ve not yet cleaned their internal house….
gcp