Time with imfuncity

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
sighthound

Time with imfuncity

Post by sighthound »

Just had a very pleasureable visit with imfuncity, he drove about 550 miles from his home in northern California throught Oregon high desert country to my home in southern Idaho, spending a week on the road and at my place. Getting to meet in person and becoming personally acquainted was a real treat for this oldtimer, Mitch was so very patient in fixing my computer, teaching and walking me through how to do attachments, create and manage files of pictures, do gun broker listings, I will be forever grateful and indebted and will miss his presence. counciling and encouragement. We were able to visit some local shops and the Elmer Keith collection at Cabelas, time in my shop fixing and working on both his and my guns needing attention, a gunsmith friend in a nearby town and farming community away from the urban city I have not been able to escape. Hopefully, I will be able to get off my duff, visit Mitch at his home and tour a place or two in the area where some time of my youth was spent.
Thank you Mitch for coming, spending time, being so very patient and fixing problems I had given up on. Have a safe journey home, thank your family for sharing your time with me, I will be forever grateful. Jerry
jack1653

Re: Time with imfuncity

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Jerry,

I am glad that you two got together. I knew the two of you would have a great time. When I called you and Mitch, you both were excited about getting together. I know it was good for Mitch to get away and have some time for him self and get his batteries recharged.

It is just great to meet some of the guys we interact with on the forum. It seems we are all scattered across this wonderful country and gettig together is really difficult. I have debated about just taking off one of these days and make an attempt to meet in person some of the guys. It would be great if we all could plan a get together and have our own gunshow and shooting exhibition.

Regards,

jack1653
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Thanks for the update Jerry. I was thinking about you guys this afternoon and wondered if Mitch was still there or headed home.I hope the rain he was complaining about in his last email cleared up and you two got to do some shooting.The tour of Cabelas and the other shops changed his mind on the Ingram and I didn`t bid on it either.Just didn`t need another SxS in the safe.
I`m sure he told you that I wished I could have made the trip too.Offered to pick me up at the airport in Boise.I agree with Jack about a get together, gunshow and shoot for us on the forum.Hoping Mitch gets home safe also and agree it is just what he and you needed.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
81police

Post by 81police »

That sounds like a lot of fun. I think everybody would be in agreement that we're VERY fortunate Mitch is a part of our community. He adds so much laughter, knowledge, and also help in moderating the forums. He's a great guy, even if he suffers from Jackitis :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Thank you Jack, Sarge, and Cam, This is indeed a very worthwhile forum making it possible for widely separated good old boys of common interest to interact, suggestions and answers to my questions certainly have provided solutions, often have to think and say to myself, self, why did't you think of that.
FYI-Recently found a book on Amazon titled, Chicks with Guns, By Lindsay McCrum, picturing firearms owning ladies from holding a baby with one hand and shotgun in other to fashionable lady in her trophy room, costumed western action participants, handicapped lady in wheel chair, bird hunting, big game hunting, the whole spectrum. In all a refreshing view of ladies, many whom are so anti-firearms. I bought a copy and will give it to my wife and daughters.
Yes, I agree, a forum gun show (show & tell gathering) would be wonderful. Jerry
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

It was a great visit, everything I expected – glad I could help out. Not hard to have a good time with a great host. (Jackitis was in remission, I returned with only one extra!)

Like the get together idea; has been kicked around a few times before, would be great for someone to “make it so” - I'll help anyway that I can.

http://www.amazon.com/Chicks-Guns-Linds ... 0865652759
Terrific book title; like that a lady is helping to dispel some of the anti’s fear mongering and propaganda - often aimed at the ladies. I have not seen the book nor looked inside, hope it’s not “too racy” for this forum. ;) BTW with apologies to Ms McCrum, the photo below is NOT from her book.
PA140012 (800x624).jpg
PA140012 (800x624).jpg (369.13 KiB) Viewed 6880 times
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Mitch and Jerry,

What a great picture. Since I have never seen either one of you and have only talked with both of you on the phone who is who in the picture? :?: Now don't go and tell me " the handsome one is me" :lol:

Jack
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Have to give credit where credit is due, handsome one is on right, old geezer on left has been ridden hard and put up wet to many times, Jerry
45guy

Post by 45guy »

Beautiful picture gents! Is that what Valhalla looks like?
"The sound of shot sweeping through the air toward you is impressive though. I'll give you that. It's like being swatted with the broom of God."