Get well

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
sighthound

Get well

Post by sighthound »

For those who might not know, our good friend and active member imfuncity (aka) Mitch Silvers is facing serious surgery on August 9. He will be a patient at David Grant USAF Medical Center, 101 Bodin Circle, Travis AFB, CA 94535. I am sure cards, good wishes, hang in theres, cute nurses beware, etc will be appreciated,speed and ease his recovery. Jerry
Sarge756

Re: Get well

Post by Sarge756 »

Thanks for the post and contact details. Will do. Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Thanks Jerry. Actually it is the morning of the 8th - got all the details last night. I'm liking this AFB better all the time, hospitality house across the street for the wife; docs are young'ns with new fangled ideas and cute too. ;)

I tried to get them to compare my kidney stone to something I was familiar with, like my new 7mm Rem Mag, doc said, "No, a bit bigger than that!" Guess it's a good thing that I'm not trying to pass it (or any of the pieces)! :shock:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Post by 81police »

Let us know how things go Mitch, we're prayin for ya.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Mitch,

Y'all be carefull with them nurses. ;) Since you are the picture poster expert, might we get a glimpse of that there kidney stone? :lol:

You take care my friend and like Cam said, we will say a prayer for you and a speedy recovery. Let us know if you get that Stith you have been watching.

jack1653
mr mike

Post by mr mike »

Hey Mitch, haven't been around for a bit. Sorry to hear your laid up shipmate. Hope you
up and ready real soon.
With the troubles I hear the FAA has at the moment, ya never know.
Might be call for a good ex-Navy air controlman at any time. Your the guy!
Hang in there!

Mr Mike
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Thanks guys for all the thoughts and prayers . God is good – all the time…. He had the right people at the right place just as they were needed. As another “routine procedure” became an adventure. :)

Surgery, etc. was expected to take a couple of hours, instead I was out for 13hrs+!! As they found other issues that greatly complicated thing! Then, apparently it takes a while to come back to reality after that (need I say this was my first surgery), by Wed. I finally noticed there were dots to connect! :?

I couldn’t ask for a better Dr. and his team, they hung in there and got ‘er done when most would have quit. Home now, after delivering a kidney stone that my Dr. described (for my benefit and to my wife’s chagrin) as “bout the size of .69cal BP ball”! :o

Home, first thing I did "was walk the dog", but the wife caught me 22 target shooting and threatened to call the Dr. - guess I'll get at this recovery thing so I can at least lift the 8/81s again. :roll:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Post by 81police »

So glad IMFUNCITY is back in action! :mrgreen:

God is good :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Welcome back Mitch, nice to hear you are on the mend. Have missed your comments and insight on this forum. Just occured to me your .69 round ball is also about 16 gauge, no wonder you were hurtin', pleased thats all behind you and you are in recovery mode. Jerry
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

Good to have you back. Mitch
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Mitch,

Good to have you back on line. I have been traveling and won't be back for a few more days so I am late with the greeting. I am using the brother-in-law's computer so I'll keep it short. I am so sorry that you missed the Stith mount that you were wanting. It is tough to have several things going on at the same time. I am sure another opportunity will come your way. God Bless you My Friend.

Regards,

Jack
sting75ray

Post by sting75ray »

Glad to hear you are doing well.
81police

Post by 81police »

This place ain't the same without Mitch ;)
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
ctgodog

Post by ctgodog »

Glad to hear that your in recovery mode Mitch...I have been buried in the woods cutting oak wood, splitting it by hand, and loading and hauling it home. Now I am stacking it in the wood shed. Ended up doing about 7 cord this year,...did eight cord last year! I haven't even turned on the computer for about three weeks. God bless you with a speedy recovery.

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Careful Clint, at that rate you will work yourself out of the virtual world into that seriously down&dirty, sore muscle, but great sleeping world. (My son and I cut, split-by-hand, and sold 40+ cord one winter in the 90's just to survive.) Been there done that, wish I had a stove/fireplace to enjoy the fruits of such an effort again - and a back to withstand it could be good thing too :roll:

Mending well but another week to go on the injured reserve then time to get on with real life - some serious hole punching ;)

Speaking of injured reserve, I'm sure some have noticed that OP has not been as active of late - he too recently spent some time looking up at the pretty nurses and has another could of weeks of R&R to do. Get well Jerry.