Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
sting75ray

Added two more to the family today

Post by sting75ray »

imfuncity

Re: Added two more to the family today

Post by imfuncity »

Congratulations, I'll of course take ammo instead of a cigar :lol:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
sting75ray

Post by sting75ray »

imfuncity wrote:Congratulations, I'll of course take ammo instead of a cigar :lol:

Thanks, funny that you mention the cigars. My twin daughters were born in 1997 and just the other day when I was out in the reloading room I found 2 cigars that I had put up when they were born.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Now that's cool - bet finding them gave you the warm fuzzies all over again. :D
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
DWalt

Post by DWalt »

Many years ago, my father had a hunting buddy. I remember him saying something to the effect that if you are carrying a Model 12, you don't have to feel inferior about it no matter what guns others in your hunting party have. I've always felt he was right, and I have two of them. However, my personal favorite has always been a Winchester Model 1200 because it is much lighter and fits me better. I never felt Winchester made a mistake by replacing the Model 12 with the Model 1200, but I am in the minority on that opinion. But the Model 12 is much sexier.
sting75ray

Post by sting75ray »

DWalt wrote:Many years ago, my father had a hunting buddy. I remember him saying something to the effect that if you are carrying a Model 12, you don't have to feel inferior about it no matter what guns others in your hunting party have. I've always felt he was right, and I have two of them. However, my personal favorite has always been a Winchester Model 1200 because it is much lighter and fits me better. I never felt Winchester made a mistake by replacing the Model 12 with the Model 1200, but I am in the minority on that opinion. But the Model 12 is much sexier.

I need one more Model 12 to finish out my 12 Model 12s. I have a bunch of friends that come out every year for a big 4 day pheasant hunt and I always keep them guessing what I will be carrying. This year I might have to throw them for a loop and carry the old Model 11 I just bought. That is if I can borrow it from my daughter. I gave each of them a Model 11 the other day after I got the last one in. The one I just did the wood on is a 1919 and the one I just bought is a 1922.