Going chuckar hunting!!!!!!

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
ctgodog

Going chuckar hunting!!!!!!

Post by ctgodog »

WELL,
I decided on a different shotgun than the A5 or the Mod 11.....I ended up purchasing a used "as like new", factory demo, Rem Model 1100 Premier 20 Gauge. What a beautiful shotgun....and it comes up and on target perfectly!!!! Should do the job on the chuckars!!!

I want to thank all the guys for all of their input on the A5's and Model 11's. Your were all a great help in my education about shotguns.

BTW,,, had to sleep on the couch for three days!!!

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
imfuncity

Re: Going chuckar hunting!!!!!!

Post by imfuncity »

Ah, the price ...! Only three days? It must have been a great buy!
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
kaintuck

Post by kaintuck »

remmies are nice..........but a real shotgun, is a sweetsixteen with matt rib barrel........ :mrgreen: absolutely un-able to miss!

wish i had mine back!!!!! :(
"do something kind today"
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Good choice Clint. The 20ga 1100 is a joy to shoot with that soft recoil.It is my choice when running a day of sporting clays. Just remember there probably would have never been a 1100 if the A5`s and 11`s hadn`t been made.The progression in the design from recoil to gas operation took many years and looks like the new Versamax is at the far end of that spectrum. I shot one(a friends) at the range last week on the 5 station course.Amazing firearm.Used mixture of one ounce field loads,3 and 3 1/2 magnums and it digested them all and kept on going. Don`t know if I`m ready for the rather hefty $1400 price tag though. The problem with getting a new gun is the same as when I get a new Lab.The old guy has to stay home for the day. Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."