Veterans

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
jack1653

Veterans

Post by jack1653 »

Hi Guys,

It has been a while since I have made a posting. I have been traveling and trying to catch up on neglected home chores. I thought a good way to get back in the routine would be to say a big "Thank You" to all the members who served in the military to give us the freedom to pursue our interests and give us our freedom that we so much take for granted. I particulary want to thank Kenny Woodall who served in Viet Nam in 1968. What a super guy. He is a special friend and the father of my good friend Cameron Woodall.

Regards,

Jack
81police

Re: Veterans

Post by 81police »

Many thanks to all the veterans too, for serving our country.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
ctgodog

Post by ctgodog »

Your thanks is appreciated.....Vietnam 1968-1969.....Quang Tri....DMZ....helicopter pilot!!!!

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Thanks guys - Dad was in WW2, I was in during Nam, recently our son was in the Sandbox for a year, and his wife is still in the Army. All the Vet memory-type days are special to me, I did the "HBO Pacific" series this weekend to try and understand what my Dad had to do.

Clint you old dog - thought there was something funny 'bout you! (Navy 67-72 but never in country.) Had a good friend pass away in January, also a helo pilot in Nam - special ops: was shot down three times in areas "where we didn't fly" and he was rarely in uniform. Without him, his gunsmithing ability and gun knowledge, it is unlikely I would have passed beyond my first gun purchase 4 yrs ago.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Without the service and sacrifice of all citizens in uniform or not we would not have this greatest country for personal freedom and opportunity the world will ever know. I can remember my Great Grandfather, a Captain in Union Cavalry during war between the states, my Grandfather who served in war with Spain, my Father a disabled veteran of WWI, and my own service in pacific theater during WWII, I know veterans of Korea, Viet Nam, Desert Storm, Iraq and Afganistan and of cold war days during threat of nuclear attack from Soviet Union. Our great country is still at risk from rouge states throught the world, and from self serving greed and corruption within. We are still at war from without and within and need to recognize the fact throught the nation. We need leadership of the caliber of Winston Churchill and Franklin D Roosevelt and sacrifice by all Americans. This should be a full time effort, not just speeches and remembrance on holidays.
Jerry King (sighthound)
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Well said Jerry.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
tx81

Post by tx81 »

"Our great country is still at risk from rouge states throught the world, and from self serving greed and corruption within. We are still at war from without and within and need to recognize the fact throught the nation. We need leadership of the caliber of Winston Churchill and Franklin D Roosevelt and sacrifice by all Americans. This should be a full time effort, not just speeches and remembrance on holidays."
Jerry King (sighthound)

Very well stated!

For all those who have served and are serving today, I say "Thank You", although that seems hardly enough.

All of those who have served have given something, some of those who have served have given their all.

RR