MY FIRST BUCK

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
f.a.b.

MY FIRST BUCK

Post by f.a.b. »

I was going through some old photos and found this picture of me ( aprox 1950 ) I had just dropped my first Buck with what I think was a Rem. Model 8 or 81 -- CORK GUN -- I had my Father with me to help load the deer on the car -- This is when it all started !!!! -- Rick
Attachments
little rick 1.jpg
little rick 1.jpg (202.5 KiB) Viewed 7739 times
81police

Re: MY FIRST BUCK

Post by 81police »

that look on your face, you meant business!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Indeed, love it. It appears that you preceed me by 3-4 years and the required coonskin cap for hunting. :lol:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
tx81

Post by tx81 »

Hmmmmmm. . . . . . .

~ 1950? My uncle was freezing his . . . . . off in Korea and dad was maybe a junior in high school.
I wasn't even thought of for another half decade or more.

But you got the education that would last you a lifetime.

Great picture!
Wildgoose

Post by Wildgoose »

I was only one year old. What a wonderful picture of family hunting history. The deer tied to the hood with rope. Classic!
81police

Post by 81police »

tx81 wrote:Hmmmmmm. . . . . . .

~ 1950? My uncle was freezing his . . . . . off in Korea and dad was maybe a junior in high school.
I wasn't even thought of for another half decade or more.

But you got the education that would last you a lifetime.

Great picture!
I didn't see the light of day until 30 years after this photo!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
DWalt

Post by DWalt »

I haven't seen a deer carcass tied onto a car fender for many, many years (of course, modern cars don't have fenders suited for this purpose). They're seen mainly in pickup truck beds now, but I occasionally see them in towed trailers. That's probably a good thing, as I think that the sight a deer (or two) tied over the front fenders of a car going down the highway created a lot of anti-hunting sentiment (Blood-crazed hunter kills Bambi).
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

At the gas station here a few years ago, I saw a bear on the hood of a pickup, it did cause a stir - lots of folks coming over to look at it! :o
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
kaintuck

Post by kaintuck »

SOMEone is 8 yrs MY senior!
neat photo~ we all wish for simpler times............
"do something kind today"
sting75ray

Post by sting75ray »

DWalt wrote:I haven't seen a deer carcass tied onto a car fender for many, many years (of course, modern cars don't have fenders suited for this purpose). They're seen mainly in pickup truck beds now, but I occasionally see them in towed trailers. That's probably a good thing, as I think that the sight a deer (or two) tied over the front fenders of a car going down the highway created a lot of anti-hunting sentiment (Blood-crazed hunter kills Bambi).

I can remember seeing pics of my Dad and Great Grandfather in Wyoming years ago with deer strapped on the hood of and old Hudson.