Texas Model 8 get together

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Packmule

Texas Model 8 get together

Post by Packmule »

well I'm inspired to make aTexas Model 8 get together happen , I think theres enough of us just need to figure out a time and place, I would be willing to use my place in Jacksboro plenty of places to shoot and sometimes hogs to shoot. If there is any interest let me know and we will figure it out. Sometime before it gets 100" outside maybe May 2011.

RSA Member
German Gun Collectors Association

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
tx81

Re: Texas Model 8 get together

Post by tx81 »

Would love to meet some fellow 8/81 members, but I'm booked in May through the third weekend and the weekend after that is the Memorial Day weekend. Hmmm, Jacksboro! Had to google it, but that's also north Texas and a several hour drive. Heck, from central Texas, EVERYTHING is a several hour drive.

But you're "just up" 281 or so from where I live north of Austin.

Again, depending on the response from others and maybe the timing, would love to try this w/fellow Texans.
ROBOPUMP

Post by ROBOPUMP »

Sounds great to me. I am retired, so date the does not matter. My wife still works and it is a 7 days on and 7 days off schedule. I can't decide if it would be better on her days off or days on. If on days off, she would also come.

I think we should insist that Jack bring ALL of his rifles.

LOL

ROB
Packmule

Post by Packmule »

ok well we can figure out the dates, a added bouns if we do it close to me is bringing my buddy and his class 3 machine guns, including a fully auto Thompson and a S&W 76 and Mac 10. It would be a good time to trade and talk model 8's and 81's........and eat some good Texas barBQ lets make this happen. I had planned to do this a few years ago and never got it done because of life matters getting in the way but I think we can pull this off so post some ideas thanks and looking forward to it.......Pack

RSA Member

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
J. Riekers

Post by J. Riekers »

I'm interested in a get together to shoot. Please keep me updated by PM if something transpires.

I will also offer a summer exotic hunt at my ranch near San Antonio. I can offer "wholesale" pricing to the forum members here. For example: meat animal (axis, fallow, blackbuck, hog) including 2 1/2 days lodging, guiding and rifle range use for $375 or substitute a ram (TX Dall, Black Hawaiian, Hybrid or Corsican) or feral goat (polynesian or catalina) trophy for the same price. Plenty of other stuff, just have to ask and I'll cut the pricing as much as I can. You will not get greater quality for lower price anywhere in Texas.

Second offer - Spring/Summer Hog hunt in N.E. Texas. Nearest exit off 30 is New Boston. 1 hog guaranteed, arrive Fri evening, hunt Sat morn stand, Sat spot and stalk throughout day and Sat eve stand. Depart Sat eve or Sunday. $325 + $25 lodging in rustic cabin with full bath, kitchenette, heat/air. $25 skinning and quartering or do it yourself. Addt'l hogs can be taken for $250 each, no limit.

I would need at least 4 hunters and a deposit of $125 each to make either happen.

Thanks,

Joe
www.TARSporting.com
co-owner
Professional Hunter

buy Joe's books: www.huntingtheintroducedspecies.com
Packmule

Post by Packmule »

Great prices Joe, thanks for the discounted hunts.We might have to move it down your way......... I will keep ya updated as we move along and sent ya a pm take care and God Bless Pack

RSA Member

jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hi Pack

I am interested in the get together. It will depend on the dates but I would love to try and make it. I would bring a couple of rifles just to make it interesting, if I can find any. :lol:

The hunting sounds like a good idea and I might be interested in trying to arrange something. Would the hunting be restricted to just the Remington 8 & 81? I really like long range shooting and would like to bring my Weatherby's. I think it is great for Joe to offer the guys a break.

I would be interested in a good hog hunt with some big hogs, 300 lb and up. I am not really interested in shooting pigglets!

jack1653
81police

Post by 81police »

jack1653 wrote: I am not really interested in shooting pigglets!

jack1653
hey what are you trying to say?! ;)
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator