Vintage Deer Hunting Picture with two Remington Model 8's

Hunting pictures of your Remington Autoloader
S and S HUNTCLUB

Vintage Deer Hunting Picture with two Remington Model 8's

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Here's a vintage "Deer Hunting" picture with four deer hunter's and two Remington Model 8 pistol grip autoloading rifle's. We thought we would share this with everyone here on thegreatmodel8 forum. We have not seen this one for sale anywhere yet, but it probably will be soon.
Enjoy Life, Bob & Jeff @ S and S HUNTCLUB
Attachments
Remington Model 8 Deer Hunting Picture with two pistol grip autoloading rifle's..jpg
Remington Model 8 Deer Hunting Picture with two pistol grip autoloading rifle's..jpg (87.71 KiB) Viewed 8074 times
81police

Re: Vintage Deer Hunting Picture with two Remington Model 8'

Post by 81police »

AWESOME picture, thanks for sharing S&S! Those hunters sure did have good taste in firearms :D The guy in the front almost looks to have pouches for clipped cartridges :)
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey there S@S Huntclub,
What a great photo of deer hunters from yesteryear. And i have to agree with Cameron about their taste in rifles. The one guy on the end appears to have a Savage 1899. But I truly love my 6 round knob pistol grip m-8 s. There's just something cool about them,and for me ,it's the similarity to the Browning Auto-5 stock,I think. They were my first love in collectable firearms. Good job, you guys!!
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
S and S HUNTCLUB

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Cam, You have a good eye sir. Those sure do look like loaded charger clips around his waist. I did not notice the loaded stripper clips. I was too busy trying to evaluate the pistol grip Model 8's. It appears to me that the Model 8 on the right is a "round knob" and the one on the left appears to be flat bottom pistol grip... it may even have a pistol grip cap???

Roger, Happy to hear that you enjoyed the picture. That sure looks like an 1899 Savage to me too. The different clothing on each of the hunters, is cool to look at. Everyone had their own unique style.

Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB
dale

Post by dale »

Very cool photo!
Anyone have a guess as to location? Those hunters sure are dressed 'sporty'.

Nice addition to other 8/81 working pics here.
Thanks!

Dale
f.a.b.

Post by f.a.b. »

GREAT PHOTO -- LOVE OLD PHOTOS OF REMINGTON 8 & 81'S -- YOU KNOW THE MEMBER WE ALL NEED TO THANK WHEN IT COMES TO VINTAGE PHOTOS OF OUR GUNS IS -- REM81AUTO -- ( DENNIS ) HE HAS SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS AT ANTIQUE SHOWS AND SHOPS -- TRAVELED MILES TO GUN AND SPORTING SHOWS TO FIND PHOTOS AND MAKE THEN AVAILABLE TO US AT A VERY REASONABLE COST ( I'M SURE HE MUST BE SELLING AT HIS COST ) --- DENNIS THANK YOU -- YOU ARE A GREAT ASSET TO THIS COLLECTING FIELD !!!!