Help post pictures ???

Hunting pictures of your Remington Autoloader
Eterry

Help post pictures ???

Post by Eterry »

I have tried several times to post hunting pics here but cant do it....what am I doing wrong?
Eterry
Sarge756

Re: Help post pictures ???

Post by Sarge756 »

Eterry,
The format here is easier than some forums because it isn`t required for your photos to be on a public entity like Photobucket. You can upload photos directly from your computer.
After you have written the text of your post look at the "styles" boxes at top of page .Click on the next to last box..Img . Scroll down the page and you will see "Upload attachment" in gold print on dark blue background. To the right of Filename is a box that says Browse... Click on this box and it will take you to your stored files. Select the photo from whatever library you have it in and click on it and then click the " Open" box at bottom of that page. The file will be entered automatically in the space beside Filename. To upload the photo go down one line to "File comment" and click on the box "Add the file". A pop up will appear showing the upload being completed. To assure that you have success click the "preview" box and if your photo appears there you are good to go. For more than one photo repeat the process. Hope this helps.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
ROBOPUMP

Post by ROBOPUMP »

Here is another test for me with a picture that is 184 KB. Now it seems to be working. I did nothing different. Very puzzling. ?????????????????

Anyway, it is a picture of the ammo on GB until next Sunday night.

ROB
Attachments
IMG_1972 (640x480).jpg
IMG_1972 (640x480).jpg (184.39 KiB) Viewed 5762 times
81police

Post by 81police »

Glad y'all got it! To my knowledge, and that's not saying much, DPI adjustments are more important when going from a digital file to print (dots per inch). Typically for online usage, 72dpi is sufficient I have found. When posting photos I resize them by changing the width & height to approx. 640x480px. This typically puts the photo in the sub 200kb range, at least on my PC. Hope this helps!

And yes the website does have a max limit file size, this is so tons and tons of space aren't used by overly large uploaded photos...plus smaller picture are easier for most people to view on screen in a forum.

A hosting website like Photobucket is really the preferable method of posting pictures though.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator