Military Full Stock Model 8 Barrel Bands

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
remcrazy

Military Full Stock Model 8 Barrel Bands

Post by remcrazy »

I thought I had figured out what barrel bands or, stock bands, were used on the Remington Model 8 Full Stock Military version but, I was wrong. I have been re-reading and checking the picture in Henwood's book and now am baffled as to what was actually used. I first thought the bands were that of the Springfield 1903 with the groove and screwed on swivel, they're not! They almost appear to be that from a 98K Mauser or similar type. Can anyone help identify these bands with integral swivels and there actual dimensions? They appear to slide over the stock and must be held in place by barrel band retaining springs possibly on the opposite side as definately not shown. Otherwise, how would they stay on. The Trials rifle has the retaining spring and that's shown and definately appears to have used a modified 1903 Springfield band assembly. Also, any pictures, additional information and/or specifications! I was hoping to start my winter project in a few weeks but, until I know for sure what hardware is needed, I'm reluctant to start. Don't want to ruin all the hard work already accomplished. HELP PLEASE!
Kind regards,
Remcrazy