Need Trials Rifle & Military Full Stock Rifle Hardware!

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
remcrazy

Need Trials Rifle & Military Full Stock Rifle Hardware!

Post by remcrazy »

I'm hoping someone can lead me in the right direction to find both the necessary hardware and sights for the Trials Rifle & the Military Full Stocked Rifle. I have the correct Krag rear sight assembly for the Military version but, lack rest of sights/hardware for both. I have the walnut butt & forestock assemblies milled for both. Didn't want to start shape process until I had all the proper pieces in hand! I built custom jigs & cutters to do these stocks, and as such, can replicate if anyone else has interest in their builds! I have duplicated every known forearm stock configuration for the Model 8's & 81's. Model 8 is pretty straight forward and slight variables on the schnabel portion. Model 81's have a bunch! I can also make the Police Special forestocks. They are all exact, the only thing I haven't come up with is the embedded ferrule for the forestock screw for both models. I have some in brass that are near perfect if I can find a machinest to turn them for the inset for the screw. I'll get some pictures of the stocks and post if someone can tell me how! These is my winter projects for this year. Also, if anyone has a decent .25 cal that may need work, want to part with etc., I'm happy to entertain prices of such for my new project. Old retired, disabled guys like me have to stay busy somehow to keep from going stir crazy! I will gladly post pictures of completed rifles when that time comes, even tell you all how I did them.
Please contact me at: circlebranch@cox.net with any information, pictures, parts and the like. I'm always open to trade as well.
Regards!
Remcrazy
jack1653

Re: Need Trials Rifle & Military Full Stock Rifle Hardware!

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Bob,

If you can get the pictures to imfuncity, he can probably get them posted. He has done some picture posting for me.

Jack
remcrazy

Post by remcrazy »

Hi Jack,
Thanks for the information on the pictures. I will try and contact him when I have the pictures ready to go!
Regards always,
Remcrazy
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Yup. I'll do what I can regarding your pics - not a problem putting them on. For the right price (1. trial rifle's wood to cover my ugliest 8 ever, and ....) I'll even come down and take the pics. ;) :lol: Would love to see your shop and how you are doing these.:geek:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine