bought another

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
uhjohnson

bought another

Post by uhjohnson »

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =191081472 i hope i am not buying what others don't want. i don't think this will look as bad once i get some oil on it. I HAVE TO GET JOHN HENWOODS BOOK! i know the butt plate is wrong.
1) is the barrel jacket correct/original--the bluing doesn't match the receiver wear at the hook up
2) is the serial number original on the barrel jacket adapter where it fits up to the receiver.
3)anything else you see wrong for this rookie
[b]Member of Berwyn Rod and Gun Club since 1983, it is an outdoor range located in Bowie Maryland, if interested in joining call 301-261-7515 or 301-464-9830[/b]

You don't pay too much, you pay too soon
imfuncity

Re: bought another

Post by imfuncity »

Hard to go wrong with that price!! Well done. Hard to confirm the details w/ his bad pictures; we'll look forward to your good ones.

Yup, you've got to get the book. Paid full retail for mine, I've never been sorry; it's always at hand.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Re: bought another

Post by 81police »

The book is a must have for collectors.

The barrel jacket looks to be original, yes many older guns had their serial number handstamped on the bottom of the barrel jacket head (some were on the side under the forearm).

Rear sling swivel is not a factory one.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator