FBI BARREL ASSEMBLY?

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
uhjohnson

FBI BARREL ASSEMBLY?

Post by uhjohnson »

Saw this on ebay and thought, wow, an FBI barrel assembly when i saw the front sight. According to the seller there aren't any holes to mount a rear sight. i don't know why he didn't have a picture from the top showing a smooth barrel jacket but I am grateful he didn't, possibly there would have been more interest. The photos are a little dark and i didn't want to ask too many questions but also noticed the takedown screw appears to have a shoulder for the lock washer. Once it is in my hands I will see if the barrel jacket is braised to the jacket head an if it has the .25 Rem buffer spring. I don't have an FBI model but i guess i can use a tang sight. What do guys thing of my find.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Remington-Mode ... cvip-panel
[b]Member of Berwyn Rod and Gun Club since 1983, it is an outdoor range located in Bowie Maryland, if interested in joining call 301-261-7515 or 301-464-9830[/b]

You don't pay too much, you pay too soon
Hibby83

Re: FBI BARREL ASSEMBLY?

Post by Hibby83 »

I saw that around the day it was listed. Thought it was cool when I realized that it was an FBI model barrel assembly. I know the later ones got the definitive machined cuts to allow the induction soldering/brazing to hold, I'm not sure the early ones had any extra braze work, i'll have to read up on them again.

Have to hear word back once you get it in your hands.
Phyrbird

Re: FBI BARREL ASSEMBLY?

Post by Phyrbird »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: UHJ,
Ya just hadda go & bid on it. Curses FoilED again :cry: :cry:
For the record, I put in a offer but was rejected...
Maybe another day ;) :D
Phyrbird
SOKY