LA County 81 Police question...

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
stiger66

LA County 81 Police question...

Post by stiger66 »

New guy:
Does anyone have info on a Model 81 "Police Gun LASD #31"
Do you have it listed anywhere of police guns #'s record's or does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks
Stan Johnson
81police

Re: LA County 81 Police question...

Post by 81police »

Hi Stan,

Special Police 81 stamped "#31" by LA County should be serial number 18760. It was listed for sale on Checkpoint Charlies earlier this year for $7500.

Pictures at the time show it to be very clean and all original. Outstanding gun.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
stiger66

Post by stiger66 »

Cam:

Thanks for getting back to me I bought it from Charlie but paid a little less than $7500.00.
Not real sure what I was thinking but just don't see many of them at any price so had to bite the bullet as they say. Also I was born in St. Joseph, Mo. lived there for 72 years even went to the Hillyard Vocational School for Machine shop in high school. Just never new about Hillyards POE company.
Anyway it is now mine Charlie said he was selling it for a friend that had passed away selling for his wife. He seemed to think I would be very, very, pleased with it hope he is correct.

thanks again
Stan Johnson
81police

Post by 81police »

I would think so too. Regarding condition, comparative to other LA County 81's I've seen your rifle would be among the nicest. Congrats!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator