Help with approx value with each of these 7 rifles

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
StrkAliteN

Help with approx value with each of these 7 rifles

Post by StrkAliteN »

Here they are #1-7

Any ballpark approx. price is better than my absolute guess as to each's value

Not to say this in a bad way ... this is the quietest gun forum I think I have ever seen

I am guessing it just does not get much traffic ?

Will keep my word and get all 7 rifles listed here on your site for sale ( 3 to go )

I have tempered expectations now, I thought I had found the group that may have interest in buying a few of them or providing some helpful insight as to approx. value of each

1. model 8 serial number 6020x .32 rem caliber very nice condition

2. model 8 serial number 5529x .25 rem caliber very nice condition and has a rear tang site and crescent shaped butt stock

3. woodsmaster model 81 .300 savage cal and serial is 1839x nice cond - has a nice scope attached

4. no model 8 or model 81 markings ?? serial is 14931 says something about manuf by browning on the bbl and a real old date of early 1900s ? serial no is 1493x - appears oldest of them all still good cond 30-30 cal

5. woodsmaster mdl 81 .35 rem ser 3937x very good cond

6. woodsmaster model 81 ser 172x .30rem cal rear tang site

7. Remington model 8 ser 6486x 35rem cal and has receiver drilled for scope mount
jack1653

Re: Help with approx value with each of these 7 rifles.

Post by jack1653 »

Hey StrkAliteN,

You have some very nice rifles from the pictures you provided. This certainly helps us to determine the reasonable of the price you may be seeking. As you well know from having purchased firearms there are many times when condition has nothing to do with the price we pay for the gun we want.

It is not that we are a quiet forum but rather reserved when it comes to pricing another persons rile or in your case rifles. I personally will not put a number on another man's firearm. I will evaluate the sellers asking price and then make a decision as to the reasonableness of that figure. That is not to say that I am not willing to negotiate if the seller is willing to listen to objective reasons for the price being suggested.

Another option for you is to try and sell the rifles as a group and be prepared to offer a package price as compared to individual price for each rifle. The disadvantage to this suggestion is the total dollar layout for multiple rifles as compared to the cash layout for one rifle. I personally like the group purchase and have bought many rifles from sellers with this method.

Many of us on this forum may be considered purest with these rifles. That is not to say that we won't buy rifles that do meet our expectations, but we tend to buy unaltered rifles. Rifles with scope mounts aren't as desirable to many of us. Rifles that have been tapped for scopes do not bring the same price as unaltered rifles particular for the collectors as compared to the shooters. Having said this, it still amazes me at what some buyers are willing to pay for what I consider average rifles.

I will tell you that I have paid more for some rifles than what the true value of the rifle is because it filled a particular niche in my collection. It was a case of getting the rifle regardless of the price because I may not ever have that opportunity again.

I don't know if answers your questions about our Forum or why we may be quiet. This is my opinion and not the position of the Forum.

Kindest Regards,

jack1653
StrkAliteN

Re: Help with approx value with each of these 7 rifles.

Post by StrkAliteN »

jack1653 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:18 pm Hey StrkAliteN,

You have some very nice rifles from the pictures you provided.

SNIP

Kindest Regards,

jack1653
jack1653

You sir are the kind of patriot that makes America great

That was an awesome post / reply and I appreciate the time it took you to make it

I like the cut of your jib sir !!

I took the best pics of the model 8 / 81 I could with my iPhone. I think I priced them a tad high to give myself some 'wiggle room' with a serious buyer and yes I know a package deal warrants a package deal price

I am very familiar with preban assault rifles and pricing as that is my niche. AK47 AR15 HK91 HK93 HK94 Galil rifles FNC Rifles UZI etc etc ....

That is whay I asked for pricing help on these

I am a gun purist and know the value of 50-60-70-80 year old firearms in true unaltered original factory finish condition. No doubt these rifles sold for $35 back in the 20s 30s when brand new

Just like a 1967 Shelby Mustang King of the road sold for $5K and today is worth $200K

Its all relative

These are great looking rifles and I want to get them into the hands of good Americans who will appreciate them far more than I do.
StrkAliteN

Re: Help with approx value with each of these 7 rifles

Post by StrkAliteN »

Update

5 sold and 2 left