Hi. Can any one give me prices for

1) #8 D .35 cal D grade 90%
2) #81 .25cal very used condition. This is a verified true factory model
3) #81 .300 cal New In Box with hang tags
4) #81 .300 80%+ condition Krieger Conversion
5) #8 .35 60%+ condition P. O. E. C with 15 rd mag
It has a Four digit serial code and hand engraved caliber mark
6) #81 .300 70% condition P. O. E. C with 15 rd mag

I'm hopeing for recent auction prices or knowladge of private sales prices--real world info. The Blue Book and others seem consistantly low--very low

thanks

Mike
imfuncity

Re: Need $ values of 8 & 81

Post by imfuncity »

Wow, did you ever hit the jackpot! Hope you are keeping at these one or better yet some.

Estimates are going to be a tough call without pictures, date codes, and some idea of how you determined your %. Plus, there are the little extras/ and exceptions like: do the P.O.E.s have department or city markings, etc.

Others will be posting w/ thots but we will all be thinking "we need PICTURES". :ugeek:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Silvermino

Post by Silvermino »

Hi Mike,

Impressive bunch of 8's and 81's there.

As mentioned, pictures are really needed to see condition and what, if any modifications have been made.

What do yo have to authenticate the 81 in .25Rem?

I sent you a PM.
81police

Post by 81police »

Nice group of rifles.

Unless there is some form of Remington paperwork there is no way to authenticate a Model 81 in .25Rem. They can be very easily faked and it's happened. What do you mean by verified?

If the 4 digit P.O.E. Model 8 you're referring to is the one posted on the other forums (and the one listed on gunbroker several times), then it is not an original and not worth much more than the value of the magazine itself. I would say around $900.

If the 81 P.O.E. is in fact in .300Sav it may not be original either. From my knowledge Remington never made a Special Police in .300Sav. Remington & Peace Officers' Equipment Co. also never advertised/cataloged the Special Police 81 in .300Sav, it was only "recommended in .30 Remington. Also available in .35 caliber". We would need to see pictures of the markings on the receiver as well. The barrel assembly would need to match in serial number. Even then barrels can be swapped.

Really we need pictures to give you even a vague / broad idea of values.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Coda2001

Post by Coda2001 »

Thanks everyone. To clarify, some are mine and some may be mine.
Also, I mis-spoke, the POEC is a .30 cal- not a .300, and
I've never posted pics or offered it for sale. Must be another
persons model 8.
Thanks for all the input and advise. When the deals done I'll
show and tell.
81police

Post by 81police »

Good deal Coda, we look forward to seeing and hearing about your rifles. I believe it was you who posted on the other forums your Model 81 with detachable magazine. That rifle was pretty fascinating being a non-Krieger but of great quality. I liked that one.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator