brass catcher

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
gcro3948

brass catcher

Post by gcro3948 »

Has anybody used a brass catcher on a model 8. I have 200 pieces of 30 cal. brass that have been, "necked up" to 32 cal. and I'm trying to keep them all for reloading. I was wondering if somebody had used one that worked good could they advise me as to what kind to use and where to buy one. Thank you all very much, gcro2948.
wanatim

Re: brass catcher

Post by wanatim »

I have been using a fishing net with a mesh small enough to catch your brass. This works for most semi auto rifles and pistols.
Cut the handle to the height you need, then mount it to a "C" clamp ( or what ever clamping device works for you) When you are shooting, position the net close to the ejection port, clamp it in place and it will catch the brass.
That being said 8/81's seen to throw there brass where ever they like. My rifles don't seem to be very ambitious and sort of plop the brass right on the table or down the back of my shirt hot... hot.... hot.... easy to pick up but going no where near the net. They sell brass catchers, bulls eye pistols shooter have been using them for years, but kind of pricy.
Phyrbird

Re: brass catcher

Post by Phyrbird »

Made one out of a Wmart telescopic dip net. Get the one with the fine mesh net. Made a base from a square of plywood & a 4x4 with a hole for the handle.
Just have a spotter position the net to catch your flying brass.. Cheap, dandy, simple.
Phyrbird
SOKY