looking for .35 Remington cast bullet

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
sionics

looking for .35 Remington cast bullet

Post by sionics »

I have had continual feed problems with my 35 mod. 8. I have finally found the problem to be the bullet. The current bullet (200 gr FN) has a short nose to crimp length. To feed well I need a long nose cast lead bullet. Any idea where I can find one. I have looked and cannot find one except Beartooth Bullets and cannot get them to respond. The original bullet was the Lyman 204 gr bullet. I would rather not have to cast my own if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The rifle shoots great out to 260 yds in competition (need to shoot lead bullets).
Fred

Re: looking for .35 Remington cast bullet

Post by Fred »

For 35rem the RCBS 35-200 have pretty much always fit each other.

You should be able to buy them ready-made from vendors online. IIRC montana bullet works is a reputable place. But buying cast projectiles can become expensive. Might do you good to do a cost/benefit analysis
norm

Re: looking for .35 Remington cast bullet

Post by norm »

sionics, Got to agree with Fred. RCBS 35-200-FN is THE bullet for the 35 Remington. I use in my Model 8,model 141 and 3 Marlin 336's. Only problem I've had is some rifles the front band touches the start of the rifling when seated to the crimp groove. Cure is to taper the front band. I do this by running the bullet nose first into a .354 sizing die until the front band is small enough to chamber easily. I have never done any cost benefit numbers on my bullet casting. The big benefit for me is not being dependent on anybody but myself for bullets. I've been doing it for over 30 years so have accumulated a lot of the equipment. Incidentally I have gotten several deer and an antelope with the RCBS bullet.