identification of scope mount from d&t holes on Model 81

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
Adam Lee

identification of scope mount from d&t holes on Model 81

Post by Adam Lee »

Guys,

I am trying to ID the type of side-mount scope setup that was once added to my "new" Krieger Model 81. For reference, since I got a new computer recently and still don't have myself properly set up to link photos, my receiver has two d&t holes on the lower "flat" of the left side.

Looking at the Henwood book, page 100, third edition, the top photo of one of the Creamer's 8E Deluxe rifles shows exactly the pair of extra holes I've got. It is a 1908 Expert grade #9355 Model 8 from the Creamer collection. Now, on this example in the book, there is a third hole I don't have in between the two. So that is the only difference between this rifle and my Krieger. Sorry to be so vague.... :oops:

Hope someone can refer to their book and see what I'm talking about.

Thanks all!
Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
81police

Re: identification of scope mount from d&t holes on Model 81

Post by 81police »

my guess would be the Weaver T-8 mount. This one you could mount with 2 holes, or more commonly seen with 3 holes (center hole slightly lower than the outer two).
Attachments
WEAVER T-8.jpg
WEAVER T-8.jpg (79.86 KiB) Viewed 4301 times
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Thanks Cam!
That is exactly the setup I had been wondering about.
Appreciated!

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Cam, and anyone else following this thread, I bet that my rifle has only two holes drilled due to the "bump out" that the Krieger mag mod screw (if you know what I mean) will possibly interfere with the mount plate contact at the receiver.

OK so that is just a guess, I am still very patiently waiting for the penetrating oil to work its magic on the trigger guard screws of the Krieger .300 AND the .30 Rem 81 I more recently picked up. I've got everything else apart, cleaning, etc.....but those darn t/g screws can be a bear!!

Anyway..have fun with yer M8's/M81's 'yalls!

Adam Lee in VA