Weird looking safety lever

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
Bandersnatch

Weird looking safety lever

Post by Bandersnatch »

Has anyone seen a safety lever like this? The large screw holds the lever and rocker together, but doesn't do it very well and they don't travel together as they should. Result: the lever has to travel off the detent to take the rifle off safe.
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.
Phyrbird

Re: Weird looking safety lever

Post by Phyrbird »

Yup, had the same problem, when you take the screw out you find the lever is supposed to be pinned. It doesn't always work. :o
Best fix drill a new pin hole and rivet in a new pin. If you got a good mill. :x
A good alternate; get some Locktite studlocker and apply to the shaft. Work it in. Align properly. install screw without moving lever to rocker position. Let set 24 hrs. The stud locker should hold indefinitely and require mild heat to release.
It worked for me. :ugeek:
Phyrbird
SOKY
Bandersnatch

Re: Weird looking safety lever

Post by Bandersnatch »

Phyrbird wrote:Yup, had the same problem, when you take the screw out you find the lever is supposed to be pinned. It doesn't always work. :o
Best fix drill a new pin hole and rivet in a new pin. If you got a good mill. :x
A good alternate; get some Locktite studlocker and apply to the shaft. Work it in. Align properly. install screw without moving lever to rocker position. Let set 24 hrs. The stud locker should hold indefinitely and require mild heat to release.
It worked for me. :ugeek:
Excellent, thank you. :)

The trick, I suppose, is getting the rocker and the finger lever aligned properly.
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.