Peep up or down

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
adirond8

Peep up or down

Post by adirond8 »

Sighting my 8 in and found I'm shooting 3inches low. Have a marbles peep. So do I raise the peep or lower to raise the shot??
Sarge756

Re: Peep up or down

Post by Sarge756 »

The rules are: Rear sight raised... bullet impact raised. Rear sight lowered... bullet impact lowered. Front sight raised... bullet impact lowered.Front sight lowered... bullet impact raised.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

I would suggest raising the rear sight; start small to see how much it moves. Not more than a half a turn.
My son has developed a liking for the peep sights, he shoots tighter groups.
Remember the small apertures are for full sun, and will fade out at dusk.
Phyrbird
SOKY
Roger

Post by Roger »

Sir,
I don't know if you will hunt or target shoot with your rifle. I own lots of peep sights on my rem. 8/81s and win. Levers. But I take the apertures out of mine when i hunt deer. That seems to work the best for me when hunting. I put them back on for target shooting,which is most of the shooting I do. That's just a suggestion to you ,from my own experience. It may or may not be the right system for you.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Roger,
You are so right :!: :!:
Many don't know how little difference the size of the peep makes. When you do the Trig and figure it out.
If however you shoot at ranges more than 200yds it can be more significant. :geek:
Phyrbird
SOKY
Roger

Post by Roger »

Phrybird,
I just know it's easier to see the deer with the aperture removed. For me anyway,it's the best answer. My vision just isn't very good anymore,so it isn't easy for me to focus on so much stuff while hunting deer. It also makes it so much easier to focus on the front sight, which is most important.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
In The Ten Ring

Post by In The Ten Ring »

I am really looking forward to seeing how these peep sights on these weapons work. Other than an Enfield, M1 Garand, and AR 15, I have no experience with peep sights. I do plan to hunt with these Remingtons I've bought.