35 Rem Reloading Tips?

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
ZakBradshaw

35 Rem Reloading Tips?

Post by ZakBradshaw »

I have a 1926 Model 8 in .35 Rem that I would like to start reloading for. I just got the dies, but I have a few questions about bullets. My dad has a smelter and a bunch of extra lead. I was thinking about making my own bullets. Can the .357 moulds be used? What range of bullet weights (grains) can be found that will reliably cycle in the gun? I like the heavier bullets, but mostly what I'm seeing is 158 and a couple 180 grain moulds. Also, where's the best/cheapest place to find .35 Rem brass? I appreciate any and all help. Thanks, Zak.
Sarge756

Re: 35 Rem Reloading Tips?

Post by Sarge756 »

Zack,Take a look at this thread if you havn`t already. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3595

Searching normal suppliers for 35Rem brass I see it is out of stock or on backorder. Price of those listed seems to be keeping pace with relative scarcity. Working on obtaining some from another source and will let you know what is available and at least get you started with the reloading.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

The new April 2014 issue of American Rifleman has an article on35 Remington and some loading data. Jerry
ZakBradshaw

Post by ZakBradshaw »

I just got my American Rifleman and was flipping through and saw that this morning! By the way, if any of you guys have any extra brass laying around, let me know what you would like for it.