weaver side mount 7

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
grandmodel 81

weaver side mount 7

Post by grandmodel 81 »

Hey so i deside to put a scope on my model 81 the gun shop i went to said i need the weaver side mount 7 and i was wonder how it mounts, if it needs to be drilled and how long it will take aswell as proper rings for it.
Sarge756

Re: weaver side mount 7

Post by Sarge756 »

Welcome and hope you will tell us a bit about your rifle when you revisit. Yes, a #7 Weaver base will work and it will require that the receiver be drilled and tapped. Two different ring set ups fit the #7 ,a short and a long. The type scope that you choose or have will determine which rings to use. Invite you to review earlier posts on the forum as this subject has been discussed several times. In addition to the photos you will find on these threads also take a look at the gallery photos on the website. This should give you an idea of other options to the Weaver.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey grand model 81,

Before you have the scope mount put on your rifle, contact me at jack1653@att.net. I would like to talk to you about trading a rifle that is already set up for a scope. Maybe we can both get what we want. :lol:

Regards,

jack1653
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Welcome... and I'm with Jack DON'T drill! There are many of us that have rifles already drilled (many with mounts and scopes) that we would swap for an undrilled one. I'm sure Jack (of Jackitis fame) has a nice variety to choose from.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
oscarflytyer

Post by oscarflytyer »

I have an scoped 81 300 Savage (1947) that I would be willing to trade for a non-scoped gun in either 300 Savage or 35 Remington. Mine has a Stith mount and a 2-7 scope.

If you, or anyone else is interested, pls email me @ myerssw@knology.net. I don't check her very often. Thanx

Steve