REMINGTON MODEL 8 WITH KRIEGER MAG.

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
f.a.b.

REMINGTON MODEL 8 WITH KRIEGER MAG.

Post by f.a.b. »

I WAS SET UP AT THE MICHIGAN ANTIQUE ARMS SHOW WHEN I WENT TO THE FRONT TO GET A POP I SAW A PERSON WALKING IN THE FRONT DOOR WITH A MODEL 8 IN HAND -- I LOOKED IT OVER FAST AND MADE A DEAL BEFORE IT GOT AWAY FROM ME -- IT IS SER # 17721 MFG. 1910 -- AFTER I GOT BACK TO MY TABLE TO GIVE IT A BETTER LOOK OVER I FOUND A FEW EXTRA SCREWS IN THE TANG -- HEAR IS MY QUESTION -- WHAT MAKE OF TANG SITE WOULD NEED ALL THE SCREWS -- OR HOW MANY TIMES COULD SOMEONE CHANGE THE SITE ???????
Attachments
mode l8 b.jpg
mode l8 b.jpg (43.15 KiB) Viewed 4848 times
model 8 a.jpg
model 8 a.jpg (65.53 KiB) Viewed 4847 times
texassako

Re: REMINGTON MODEL 8 WITH KRIEGER MAG.

Post by texassako »

Pretty neat to find a Krieger and looks pretty good except for those holes. I did not know there were so many rear mounted sights to make that collection of holes. If it were mine, I would find one of the sights that fits those holes and use it to cover up the rest.
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Good find. A Redfield 102 would cover up some but not all the holes. A Williams FP 81 sight might utilize 2 of the holes as it required two extra. Don`t understand the extra 4 holes. Maybe a smith made up his own design. Either the Redfield or Williams sight will require some searching. Good luck,
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Hear you go, slight mods to make it larger... and you'll be all set. :twisted:
GB rear sight.jpg
GB rear sight.jpg (56.85 KiB) Viewed 4815 times
Never mind that you will have to wear a big hat, sun glasses, and wig, to shoot a then bubba special. :oops:
(Gotta love a Kreiger regardless of the holes, good job.)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Post by 81police »

I think Sarge756 is correct. The hole patterns seem to correspond to both a Redfield 102N and a Williams, perhaps a past owner wasn't satisfied with one and replaced it with the other?
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator