Ivory Trim

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
outinthesticks

Ivory Trim

Post by outinthesticks »

Has anybody out there ever seen a model 8 with a ivory buttplate and ivory diamond inlaid under the forearm takedown screw?
I know about the Zane Grey gun but was wondering if you have seen anything else.
outinthesticks

Re: Ivory Trim

Post by outinthesticks »

Thanks for the response Pack. I've got this 4 grade model 8 that I picked up that isn't like anything I'm familiar with. It has a white diamond inlay on the forearm that is directly under the takedown screw. I'm sure that this is ivory. The buttplate is of a white material, slightly yellowed with horizontal serrations. (30 to be exact instead of the usual 40 found on metal buttplates. The mounting screw holes are not the usual spacing but upon removing the buttplate, I can't see where the stock was ever redrilled or filled. Buttplate is not numbered to the gun. I'm about 90% sure that this was maybe some one's "wet dream" but 10% of me isn't sure. I always hesitate to monkey with these things too much, you never know if you are screwing around with history. Anyway I wanted to shoot some pictures to Henwood, do you have contact info(email) ?

Kelly