Takedown Screw Washer

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
kenhwind

Takedown Screw Washer

Post by kenhwind »

We noticed that on our latest Model 81 aquisition that there is a "C" shaped flat washer on the takedown screw shaft. Never realized that there was supposed to be one there. The other two rifles we have does not have them.

Is there a source for these washers or maybe something I can make some out of?
KEN
81police

Re: Takedown Screw Washer

Post by 81police »

I've seen the occasional Model 81 with them also. I don't think they were a standard item as the majority of rifles I've seen don't have them.

As a side note F.B.I. Model 81's came standard with them. We got another article coming soon regarding that with pictures.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
sighthound

Re: Takedown Screw Washer

Post by sighthound »

Knew I had seen a post about these split washers, could not remember which one, (bad case of CRS) so posted a thought under HELP. Noticed a problem while fitting a new forend because the takedown levers tight position was such that the lever moved horozontally rather than verticle like most and without the verticle movement it is very difficult to fit the forearm. So, I think the split washer is only to adjust the takedown lever when tight to move up and down rather than sidewise or at least one of the reasons for the washer. Jerry