model 81 300 sav. factory loads safe??

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
jiminthecorner

model 81 300 sav. factory loads safe??

Post by jiminthecorner »

Hi ,I just bought an 81 in 300 sav , and reading that its not "strong " enough!!
I'll just be using factory ammo so.........Should I be worried???
Tales of blow ups etc. have me concerned. I hunt mostly deer and moose up here and ranges are usually less than 200 yds. Am I safe to go?? Thanks Wiley CANUCK, Jim :roll: :?:
kenhwind

Re: model 81 300 sav. factory loads safe??

Post by kenhwind »

As long as your Model 81 is in good condition I don't see a problem. I have a Model 81 in 300 Savage and it shot fine with factory ammo. I even reload for it, with no issues other than light loads don't function the action.
KEN
tx81

Post by tx81 »

I shoot factory Remington Core-Lokt's in 150 grain out of my .300 Savage with no problems.
In fact, dropped two deer this past season using them.
There's a picture of one of them somewhere in one of these forums. 8-)
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

I have yet to ever hear of or read about anyone that ever had a problem with an M81 and 300Savage ammo. I and many others on this forum have found them to shoot fine.

Does anyone really know of someone that had any kind of a problem with an M81 and 300Savage ammo?

Or is this just an ugly rumor, that seems to have recently started popping up?
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
jiminthecorner

Re: model 81 300 sav. factory loads safe?? Just a rumour!!!!

Post by jiminthecorner »

Well I guess it was just a rumour............but thanks for the boost ,Jim :twisted:
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Shoot away my friend. I intend too. :D And it's great that it is one of the two cartridges we can still find easily.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine