Rounds in magazine

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
J. Riekers

Rounds in magazine

Post by J. Riekers »

The literature I've read says my Rem 8 from 1909 in 35 Rem should hold 4 or 5 rounds. My 81 in 300 Sav holds 5, I know that. I can only fit 2 rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber of the Model 8. It works flawlessly - and is of little concern as 3 rounds is enough. However, I am curious if anyone knows why this might happen, if it is normal or common, or if there is an easy fix.

Thanks!
www.TARSporting.com
co-owner
Professional Hunter

buy Joe's books: www.huntingtheintroducedspecies.com
Hardrada55

Re: Rounds in magazine

Post by Hardrada55 »

I think that in the Remington 8 in .25, .30 and .32 the magazine was designed to hold 5 cartridges (that last one is always a bugger). In the Remington Model 8 in .35, the magazine was designed to hold 4 cartridges.
...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

Joe, I think someone took your rifle apart and put the magazine spring back in ass backwards. I have the same problem on one of my shooter's. Dennis
J. Riekers

Post by J. Riekers »

Thanks - I had that suspicion but the darn thing works flawlessly. I don't need more than 3 shots for anything so I am going to leave it.
www.TARSporting.com
co-owner
Professional Hunter

buy Joe's books: www.huntingtheintroducedspecies.com